This is a Volvo no-brainer. You have a cool car like the P1800 sports coupe — Volvo’s first foray into true sports car Production. While the P1800 didn’t receive praise for it’s performance, it did deliver on the Volvo pillars of safety, reliability and comfort. So losing out to Jags and Astons on the track, Volvo went the other route and targeted a different market — Sports cars enthusiasts with dogs and kids. Enter the P1800 ES:
1973 Volvo P1800 ES: The Coolest Station Wagon Ever
Things I love about its design
- The mix of crazy hard edges with sweeping curves comes together in a Buck Rogers wet dream
- That big, beautiful hatch..
- The super hard line coming forward from the tail lights up to the chrome trim at the front
- The overlapping upper and lower chrome trim pieces. Two chrome trims!
- The aggressive, raised headlights trailing back into an “inlet” shape on the doors
- The split bumpers with the recess in the middle
This one from Classical Gas has been customized a bit — love the side exhaust.